Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wake Up Album of Today!


Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja vu (1970)

Oh how I love this album! And for so many reasons!

This is the first album release of Crosby, Stills and Nash with the addition of Neil Young.

CSN&Y are the result of a few seriously rockin' bands falling apart. The Byrds, The Hollies & Buffalo Springfield. Interestingly, the bassist on Deja Vu, Greg Reeves, was suggested by the infamous "SUPER FREAK" Rick James. Reeves didn't last long, and was replaced for "acting erratically", sounds right coming from a Rick James suggestion!

Jerry Garcia, best known for being viewed as the leader of The Grateful Dead, appears on "Teach Your Children" playing the pedal steel guitar.

John Sebastian, the founder of The Lovin' Spoonful, appears on the title track, "Deja vu" playing harmonica.

"Deja Vu" had a great time on the charts, in my opinion, it spent a week on top.It also ranked #14 of the top 100 albums of 1970. The "top hit singles" aren't necessarily my favorite tracks on the album, but have become momentous in American life. Songs like "Teach Your Children", "Our House" & Joni Mitchell's "Woodstock".

My personal favorites are "Carry on", "Helpless" & "Country Girl"...although I do love the album on it's entirety!

Carry On

Helpless

So thanks for sharing my wake up album with me today! I love music and I love vinyl! Please comment and share! Have a great day and let the music carry you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a nice album. I have so many old albums from the 70's