Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So I tried to make ketchup....


Okay, I wanted to make meatloaf....very American I know...but I hadn't any ketchup...so I scoured the cabinets and drawers for ketchup packets and nothing....so I looked for alternatives and was not satified with any of those either...I went online and found recipes for ketchup....but they involved real actual tomatoes and real actual time....then I found it....a recipe for ketchup from a can of tomato paste....add water, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and a long list of spices...I started with just the water and vinegar....bleck....added the spices....bleck...it just tasted like can......like metal.....so I went to my old friend Emeril and BAM!!!! no more can haha.....I mixed it up and put it in and on my meatloaf...and boo-yah dinner was served!